We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
29 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

We come to Florida every October for a month. Last year we did the Panhandle from

Pensacola thru the 30-A communities (my favorite) to Cape San Blas but we normally

spend the month between Clearwater and St Pete Beach. We've stayed twice on Sanibel

Island and once on Siesta Key but other than the emerald green waters of the Panhandle,

I have never seen anything as gorgeous as Anna Maria Island! We only spent the day

and spent two hours at Holmes Beach - busy but QUIET. No wave runners, jet skis, motor

boats - and floated in that clear beautiful blue/green water. The shade trees and picnic

tables at Holmes beach is really nice. Concessions and rest rooms as other have noted.

We went on down into Anna Maria Island itself and lots less people, but still shade trees and bungalows line the beach - no high rises or low rises. Where we spend our month has no high rises which is what we love. We also come down many times in May for several weeks and

are already booked for a month next October - BUT we will spend more time on Anna Maria Island. When a friend on FB wanted to know where AMI was when she saw the pictures I posted, I told her I didn't want to tell her - I wanted to keep it a secret. Ha! But I did. We didn't

get to Bean Point and sad to hear about the fire at Rod n Reel but we stayed long enough to

know we WILL be back and will spend more time on this gorgeous island! My husband still loves the feeling of being on an island at Sanibel and I do too but the water and the laid back vibe on AMI will make us return again and again. Go and experience it for yourself - gorgeous

is all I can say!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

Hi TNCatlover, enjoyed your post. We have been to 30a area once and AMI once, like them both. Have been to Sanibel, Marco, Clearwater as well. We are going back to AMI next week but due to limited time, we fly. We love AMI but next year we are thinking of going back to 30a because we can drive there easier from St. Louis. Wondering where to stay on 30A area? I'm with you on not telling too many people about AMI!

Bloomington, Indiana
Level Contributor
239 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

Shhh! Don't tell anyone else. We want AMI to ourselves! :)

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
29 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

I saw some posts about Seagrove, Seaside and Rosemary Beach. Think Seaside is pricey but

don't know for sure. From what I read and what we saw driving through, the towns sort of run

into each other and Seagrove was next to Seaside so depending upon where you stayed you could

walk or bike over to Seaside. We loved Blue Mountain and Grayton Beach also and as you say it's just

a much shorter drive from where we both live. We live in Nashville but simply will not go to Panama City Beach - have been to Gulf Shores several times and have no interest to go back there and Pensacola

was okay but not a place we will re-visit. I'm sure people will chime in if you start a new thread about the 30-A communities and there's all kinds of info on the web. Please post if you find an area you like, will you? We'd love to spend May in the 30-A communities and everyone is right - keep mum about AMI!! :-)

I still want to get to St George Island and Appalachicola too.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

Its my backyard and I never get tired of it.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
29 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

How blessed you are! Although my grown daughter (she's middle age, what does that make

me?) said last month as we left Charleston SC for the second time in 5 years with a day trip to fun

quirky Folly Beach "I could NEVER live anywhere that is FLAT". She is a child of rolling hills and

changing seasons as I am. Coming through Asheville NC on that trip and always coming down

Monteagle Mountain near Chattanooga and into the north Ga mountains, I feel at home again. But

also feel at home by the sea six weeks a year - I love both! Take care of your beautiful island and

those of us that visit promise to appreciate it with the same loving care.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

That's funny cat lover, we have been many of the same places! I know lots of people like beautiful beaches, the mountains, and changing seasons too. I try to look at the good things about living in the Midwest, we can go all directions! (We like Nashville area too!). Regarding 30a, we stayed at seagrove but rode our bikes each way, and spent time in most all areas. Take care.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
29 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

Thanks - I'll look into Seagrove. You take care too and enjoy all your travels!

United States
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

Friends rented a gorgeous home in Rosemary Beach this summer. They absolutely fell in love with the sugar sand and family vibe.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
29 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

In the thread I read about 30-A communities Seagrove and Rosemary were recommended as Seaside is a bit pricey so thanks for the info, Sana P! Really appreciate it. It is only 8 hours from home so good May trip for us. October will always be here in a small community south of Clearwater. And Anna Maria Island will have to be included from now on - too beautiful to pass up when it's 30-40 minutes away! Thanks again!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: No Question - Just to say how gorgeous Anna Maria Island is!

Great post - enjoyed reading about your love for AMI...!!!

P.S. Will you be sharing your photos... :)

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria