We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

kent
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

I booked to stay at this resort but on arrival it was not as described, it smelt, it was dirty, and it was in such a bad state we could not stay there, when I returned home I gave a truthful review and within hours it was removed then immediately two glowing reviews appeared!!! I reviewed again and received a personal attack as a reply once by them.

This place has only one thing going for it, location. If you have booked to stay there please have a second choice ready as you will be shocked on arrival.

My question being has anyone else had the same problem here, I'm sure the owner will answer with one of their fake trip advisor names.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 07:45
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

Wow...seems we can't trust reviews on TA.

I have always hated the "removal" of posts by virtually anyone who didn't like them, while other offensive or inane posts remained.

You should contact TA and report this experience with your review

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

I need to choose my words very carefully here because I never want to offend anyone or get caught up in any drama. I wish to bring only fun and joy to this forum but I feel compelled to respond, only because I recommend Sunrise Gardens often.

First, we have stayed at this property many times and have always found it to be first class, spotless, inviting and a relaxing little gem. The customer service is outstanding as you can see from reading the 98% positive reviews. Yes, the location is awesome but the feel of the resort is also enchanting with the tropical foliage and gorgeous pool area. Every unit that we have seen or stayed in was absolutely flawless from the bathroom to the comfy beds.

I am sorry that you were not impressed and I did read your review and also the response from the owner. Something you did not post was that even though you were not pleased with the room you were offered and accepted an upgrade to their sister property, Palm Tree Villas. I believe your son even wrote an nice review complimenting their customer service for going out of their way to make you comfortable.

Every property and every resort is not for everyone, that is why we have the luxury to choose but when you are not pleased and the property and the owners respond by giving you an upgrade to a room that you did enjoy I think that says a lot as far as them wanting to make things right.

As far as TA removing reviews, I have had no experience with that so I can not comment on it but again, I am sorry that you were not happy with the property but glad you enjoyed the sister property, Palm Tree Villas.

kent
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

Rusty yes they did move us as I stated in my first report that they had removed! And the pool did look ok which they also had removed from my review, Sunrise gardens is unacceptable to stay in, and the only reason I reviewed it was I didn't want anyone being falsely led as we were, my first review was more than fair I explained that I didn't want to leave a negative review as the owner was pleasant and had moved us ( not in walking distance of where we had booked ) but they immediately had it removed instead of explaining why their resort was in such a bad way, so I then gave another review without the nice bits and they just went on the attack and lied, I'm sure it was a nice resort in its day but now it needs to be completely gutted and refurbed, even as I was collecting the key another guest was complaining that their room smelt.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

I also read your review and the response by the owner, and it does show that there are two side to the story. Someone named "Ollie" also wrote a review stating the same issues as you did...was he someone in your party?

I know there are cases of fake reviews by owners on TA. But in this case, the place seems to have a lot of positive reviews from real guests. There are always some negative reviews, so the only thing to do is take the majority opinion.

I have never seen Sunrise Garden so can't comment further with any real authority on this one

kent
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

Rusty my son did leave a review but they also had that one removed !! Then they have a couple of glowing reviews from 1st time posters??? And so many of their glowing reviews seem to be written by the same person but with different names !! After this experience I would not trust any hotel review on trip advisor.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

I take Trip Advisor reviews with a grain of salt. I put a little more trust in something like Expedia where you have to stay to place a review. Even then, I look for patterns.

I'm sorry you had to stay in such a crappy place, especially since you contribute to the forums often.

Newry, Ireland
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

Very strong words!!

I can honestly speak from my own experience of staying in Sunrise Garden Resort. We stayed in two units in June 2013 and had a most enjoyable stay. Our properties were spotless, well equipped with lovely outside space to sit in the evenings. The pool area is beautiful and clean with tropical landscaping and lovely loungers and sitting area. I enjoyed time there with my grandchildren.

Surffsh, have you stayed there? If not, to call it a crappy place is nothing short of offensive with no proof, both to the owners and those of us who enjoyed our stay there, especially if only based on the strength of this negative review over all the positive reviews. I can only reiterate that we found this place to be spotless, comfortable and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 16:05
Newry, Ireland
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

Very strong words!!

I can honestly speak from my own experience of staying in Sunrise Garden Resort. We stayed in two units in June 2013 and had a most enjoyable stay. Our properties were spotless, well equipped with lovely outside space to sit in the evenings. The pool area is beautiful and clean with tropical landscaping and lovely loungers and sitting area. I enjoyed time there with my grandchildren.

Surffsh, have you stayed there? If not, to call it a crappy place is nothing short of offensive with no proof, both to the owners and those of us who enjoyed our stay there, especially if only based on the strength of this negative review over all the positive reviews. I can only reiterate that we found this place to be spotless, comfortable and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 16:07
kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

On the topic of removing reviews I have had a review removed (part of a "blanket" removal of all old reviews) only to have a new review removed along with selected poor reviews. When I submitted a third review I was got a PM from the owner offering to comp a meal. This was for an AMI restaurant so I don't know if it is common for a small tourist location to give more thought to TA or what the deal is. On the other hand I have also alerted TA to what I considered an over the top negative review by a one post wonder (and this was a place I gave a poor rating also).

In general I always read most of the recent reviews, look at the number of posts by the reviewer and take a good look at the complaints. We like older, non-chain funky places and hate new, fake could be anywhere chains, if a review mentions lack of standard amenities to us that may be a plus, as is slightly worn and needing updating. To a traveler used to resorts and comfortable chains many Mom and Pops just seem old--to us they are real.

So I'm sorry that the OP did not like Sunrise Garden---but good grief you were moved to another location that better suited your needs with no questions asked, that should be worth 5stars for service. Did you review the second room?

kent
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware sunrise garden resort!!!

Mountain, what is the point reviewing the second room when the owner removes reviews and in my opinion puts their own reviews up, I don't think I should be over the moon at being moved it was the location I booked it for, and I don't mind a room with character, but I will not stay in a room without a window, a room with a dangerous cooker and a room with a huge crack the lenth of the wall !! The second room was ok, which is what the first room should have been.

I did say the owner was good in my first review but they removed it!!! As they did my sons review!! How very strange they are,

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria
Recent Conversations