We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need more help..

Harrison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
I need more help..

Ok guys... I need some more input...

Can anyone let me know reputable real estate companies to deal with rentals? When I go to obx, I know which companies are fantastic and the pictures look like the house and which ones...not so much.

Also does it really matter where I am? Im getting confused because some say "heart of city" , others say "canal...best location" . I don't want to walk to far to the beach. I know that sounds kind of whiney..but Im telling ya for my own ears...a long walk in the heat will not be great for my kids. lol

I keep hearing how horrid traffic is. We will be there for the beach but also plan on leaving...so will it be hard to get in and out? We want to go into Tampa, Sanibel and Sarasota if possible. Just to see it. We have never been to this part of Florida..only disney. Looking at the water is getting me so excited!! We have friends that live in Venice , so would like to go see them too.

I was talking with mountainmare(hope I got your nn right!) who was telling me the crowds aren't like what I am used to at Jersey shore and obx. Where we stay in obx, I don't find crowded at all. I am assuming t he weather at the in the last week of july into first week of August will be typical florida. ...hot humid with storms and then hot and humid again? In all my research I started seeing reviews talking about the traffic and then how its hard to find a place on the beach due to the crowds? Is this true?

Also... .one more thing...well for now..haha..... What season am I coming in? Lol I know it's summer but is it considered off, low, medium or high? Some of the pricing is based on this but I am not sure what I am in. I thought someone told me summer is not high season there?

Thanks for bearing with me!

Level Contributor
444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I need more help..

Also, we have had good luck with vrbo and vacationrentals.com.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I need more help..

Honestly, no matter where you stay, it is a short walk to the beach. We just got back this past weekend and our house was listed as "1 block" to the beach access....this was such a short walk it was laughable. Most of the beaches here are deep, so you will be walking anyways and all of the houses right on the beach cannot even hear the surf so I wouldn't put too much value in staying "right on the beach".

Harrison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I need more help..

Thanks everyone all good too know! It's pretty hard trying to figure out how long it takes to get to the beach when you don't know the island. I have tried the google map way...but I don't know if there are shortcuts I can take to the beach.

I have some options... Not many but some. Actually I had found a condo in La Casa Costiera? Is that a nice area?

I also have a few options from annamariaparadise and sato. One is a duplex which I am a little concerned about just in case my kids are loud. It is Beach breeze B on Clark Lake? I have thought about just renting a condo but I really want 3 or more beds ...2 is really pushing it with my three kids. I guess the best thing is to give you guys addresses and you can tell me which one would be better for me?

14. Re: I need more help..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria