We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scenic route and breakfast Clearwater to SIesta KEy

california
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Topic
scenic route and breakfast Clearwater to SIesta KEy

Hi

WHile staying in clearwater, we were hoping to take a day trip down toward ANna Maria Island and Siesta Key. It looks so beautiful. We have never been to the are, and are unsure of the best route. Mapquest sends us on the 275 to the 75 to 72. Is this the most scenic route down to that area? I dont mid spending a little more time if there is a more scenic route.

ALso, se were hoping to find a nice breakfast spot along the route. Maybe on the water or a short walk from it. ANy suggestions? I find several nice restaurants on the internet, but none that serve breakfast. It doesnt have to be fancy, just a variety of eggs and pancake items.

THanks for the advice

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scenic route and breakfast Clearwater to SIesta KEy

I just replyed to your other post regarding anna maria island. A good choice for breakfast is at the Bradenton Municipal Beach, they have all you can eat pancakes. Thy also have showers and restroom facilities. A great spot!

california
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: scenic route and breakfast Clearwater to SIesta KEy

Hi

Is the restaurant at Bradenton on a pier? or do I just head to a certain beach parking lot. DO you recall if it is JUST pancakes, or are there eggs offered, (I have a wheat allergy) Thanks so much.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scenic route and breakfast Clearwater to SIesta KEy

For sure, take 275 and the Skyway bridge down from Clearwater. It's a gorgeous drive over the bridge.

4. Re: scenic route and breakfast Clearwater to SIesta KEy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria