We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for small,cozy, fun hotel in the heart of Apalachico

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for small,cozy, fun hotel in the heart of Apalachico

Need help finding the perfect weekend getaway for my wife and myself. Would rather something a little different, kind of street corner, cafe style than corporate, monstrous hotel on the beach. Would like something in a more downtown, walking distance type setting. Is this available in Apalachicola? If not, any suggestions of another place along the coast of Florida, are definitely welcomed.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for small,cozy, fun hotel in the heart of Apalachico

I'm not too sure what the current restaurant situation is at the Gibson Inn. In recent years there have been a succession of them---Avenue C, Cafe Momi and the latest incarnation seems to be Ira's Restaurant that their website indicates is new.

We were in Apalachicola last August but the restaurant area seemed closed when I strolled through the Gibson. But I admit it was mid-afternoon and I didn't bother to ask about the restaurant status.

Obviously it would be wise to call ahead.

There is still romantic dining at Carolone's on the water. And Owl Cafe too.

12. Re: Looking for small,cozy, fun hotel in the heart of Apalachico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola