We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far of a drive is Port St. Joe from Apalachicola?

FL
Level Contributor
15 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
How far of a drive is Port St. Joe from Apalachicola?

We are planning our second trip to Apalachicola in early 2013. Last visit we explored St. George Island and also Cape San Blas. This time I would love to explore Port St. Joe and see what shops / restaurants they have. It appears as if the drive is about 30 minutes but would love some perspective from those who know the area. Also is Port St. Joe as it sounds; quaint downtown w/ shops and restaurants? We love Apalachicola but since we are going to be there 4 days we know we will need to plan an outing to another area... ( also planning fishing another day). suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
Florida Panhandle, FL
Alabama
Level Contributor
264 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far of a drive is Port St. Joe from Apalachicola?

21.6 miles & 30 minutes. Thats what my phone GPS states.

FL
Level Contributor
15 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far of a drive is Port St. Joe from Apalachicola?

Thank you! I was thinking about that. I am going in March w/ parents... we also will have medium sized therapy dog w/ us and heard that Port St. Joe very dog friendly..Any restaurants recommend (family style)?

Alabama
Level Contributor
264 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far of a drive is Port St. Joe from Apalachicola?

I don't have a clue. We are going to be on SGI mid March. I would like to venture over to St Joe also. My son wants to snorkel. I am worried the water will be too cool for me. Hopefully a local or an expert on the area will help us out. Enjoy your trip. We are taking our 2 small family dogs. One loves to dig in the sand and chase the waves. She is 12. Don't know how many good beach yrs she has left.

4. Re: How far of a drive is Port St. Joe from Apalachicola?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola