We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Barnsley Gardens?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Barnsley Gardens?

Hey, fellow Georgians! I am going up to Barnsley Gardens on Sunday to meet up with some friends who are camping an hour away from there. We plan to poke around through the ruins at Barnsley Gardens since none of us have ever been there.

We also hoped to find a casual place to eat afterward since my camping friends will not exactly be dressed for fine dining. And the prices at the resort at BG are a little high.

Any locals know of a good BBQ place or some other place we could go? We'd love to go to somplace unique to the area than Burger King or the same old chain restaurants.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants near Barnsley Gardens?

lots of restaurants are listed at notatlanta.org the cartersville convention center web site. there is a great one downtown i cannot recall the name of that's a meat and three that deserves 5 stars. it's down the street form the drug store that has the orginal drink coca cola ad painted on the exterior brick. i know that's not much to go on but......good luck! also the veech house in adairsville is good at lunchtime.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants near Barnsley Gardens?

My friend and I went to the Veech house for lunch the day I took her to Barnsley. (It is formerly the Adairsville Inn.) It turned out she had been there when she was a child when the Veech's owned it. Her father was an executive with the railroad and he had business with Mr. Veech. The house is next to the railroad tracks.

We mentioned the fact to the owner and she brought out some portraits of Mr. and Mrs. Veech she is having restored and framed.

Lunch there was part of a memorable day. I believe we both had southern fried chicken and vegs and peach cobbler.

United States
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants near Barnsley Gardens?

I really love El Pueblito mexican restaurant. They're food is much better than El Nopal, IMO. There is also a Cracker Barrel about 6 miles north on 75, in Calhoun, if you like those types of places. It is right off the exit, and conveniently located near an Outlet Mall, with tons of stores such as Polo, Old Navy, Tommy Hilfiger, and such.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants near Barnsley Gardens?

I appreciate the opinion about El Pueblito, but I don't agree. El Nopal is much cleaner and better. I recommend the El Nopal fajitas that are a mixture of shrimp, beef, pork, and sausage with a plate of beans, rice, guacamole, sour cream and salsa. It is enough to feed two persons.

15. Re: Restaurants near Barnsley Gardens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Adairsville