We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Belize what I'm looking for?

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
267 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is Belize what I'm looking for?

I am looking for carribean like white sand beach with snorkeling right off resort. Can be rustic but nice at same time if you know what I mean. I'm looking for alternative to St John, Kauai, Maldives etc.

Like 4-5 star rustic. Also if it is kid friendly that a bonus but not necessary. Please recommend a resort.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Belize what I'm looking for?

Probably not what you are looking for. The water is very shallow and calm, due to the barrier reef, so very little walk in snorkeling. Many of the resorts, however, have created artificial reefs at the end of their docks, with some decent snorkeling. Almost everything in Belize is kid friendly! They really love kids. Depends on what you mean by rustic, it's there, or not, depending on what you mean. You can get anything from composting toilets and solar showers, to a private island with butlers and a private chef. The snorkeling at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley is fantastic, the people of Belize are their greatest asset, and it's a great place to visit.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Belize what I'm looking for?

Walk in snorkeling only on the remote atolls (one lodge per island dedicated to divers, snorkelers, kayaker, anglers) and a few small islands in the reef with a few small inns. Placencia beaches are the best in Belize (although the beaches are not as nice as Hawaii) and the reef and snorkeling is 19 miles from shore.

3. Re: Is Belize what I'm looking for?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 22:19