We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize in June

London, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Belize in June

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married on the 14 June 2008 and was thinking of going to Belize for a honeymoon for the two weeks following the wedding. We are interested in two weeks of sun, sand and snorkelling (we aren't divers) mixed in with trips around to see the country. We aren't resort hotel people really and don't mind moving round from one hotel to another.

I suppose my first question is what is the weather like at the time of year - is there a danger of it raining a lot? Also where is good to go, especially for snorkelling???

Any help would be greatly apprecited!

Thanks

Emma

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,749 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize in June

I've been to Belize twice in June, the first time I don't think it rained at all. The second time it rained a lot. It usually isn't nearly as rainy in June as what we experienced. I wouldn't let the weather stop me.

Here's a couple different ideas on where to travel. With two weeks, I'd spend some time inland at one of the jungle lodges around San Ignacio. How long depends on your interests. I'd probably arrange for an overnight at Tikal.

I'd also spend some nights at one of the outer atolls. We've only stayed on Tobacco Caye, very small, nothing upscale on the island. We had a very good time there for three nights. After that I was ready to move on.

Real beach time, several options, Placencia, Hopkins, Caye Caulker, or Ambergris Caye. The reef from Placencia is 19 miles, makes for long snorkel trips. But, the penninsula is pretty, and the beaches are arguably the best in Belize. I've never been to Hopkins, don't know much about it. There are some nice properties there. Caye Caulker is a fun little island. Doesn't have really great beaches, but there is some snorkelin at the 'split' and te reef is only a mile or so off shore. Ambergris Caye is where most of the tourists who come to Belize go. Some people love it (that would be me), others think it's too touristy. I like lots of options for food/drink/lodging.

Another option is simply doing a beach vacation. We did that one year, flew into Belize City, then down to Placencia, spent a few nights, flew to Ambergris, spent some more nights, flew up to Corozal, caught a bus to Tulum in Mexico, spent two nights (wasn't long enough), then another short bus ride to Playa del Carmen four another 4-5 nights. Flew home from Cancun. It was fun.

London, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize in June

thank you so much for all your help - that is really really useful.

3. Re: Belize in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 11:20