We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip Line Logistics

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,406 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Zip Line Logistics

I'm putting together an itinerary for a trip to San Ignacio & San Pedro, and I'm trying to figure out a way to fit in a stop for zip lining. I assume that if we use a shuttle service to get from the Cayo back to Belize City we could have them top at Jaguar Paw while we zip line? Would this be a long wait? I also hear there's now a zip line near Tikal, which we plan on visiting. Do either of these options sound doable so we don't have to devote a whole day (or half day) to doing this? Any suggstions? Katie V? Dr. FA? Anyone?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip Line Logistics

When we went to Tikal the zip line was available in the afternoon after we had finished at the site. Probably added about an hour and a half to the already long day, but well worth it.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,406 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip Line Logistics

Did you use a tour guide or drive yourself? I assume somebody like Pacz tours could give us a package rate for Tikl and the nearby zip line? We plan to use a tour operator for Tikal just to minimize the border hassles.

United States
Level Contributor
783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip Line Logistics

Is the zip line better at Tikal, Jaguar's Paw, or Ian's adventure camp?

I may just go to the one at Tikal and save myself an extra stop if its as good as the others.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip Line Logistics

If you decide on Ian Anderson's. check that it's not a cruise ship day as it can get busy and you'll have to wait in line.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zip Line Logistics

We took a tour to Tikal. Yes, it helped a lot with the border crossing, and even though we could have driven our Crystal rental to Tikal, I enjoyed the ride, and both of being able to look around instead of worrying over the route, etc.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zip Line Logistics

Tikal has the best zip line, and it's cheaper too. If you do a Tikal day trip, you can do that after hiking around the archaeological site. Pacz is the best, and they can easily set that up for you the night before. You can always do Jaguar Paw, and the cave tubing there is a blast, on they way back to the city. I'd suggest William's Belize Shuttle for that ride. You can link to his site from the Best of Cayo page: http://www.bestofcayo.com

Either way, it'll take the better part of your day, with the travel time and all. But if you're on your way to Tikal, or the city, it makes sense to do it then.

Enjoy the canopy!

7. Re: Zip Line Logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 05:19