We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Belize City to Pook's Hill near ATM

Denver
2 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Belize City to Pook's Hill near ATM

My boyfriend and I are flying into Belize City on May 21st and have booked a room at Pook's HIll Lodge near ATM for the nights of May 21st and 22nd. We spoke to Cat at Pook's Hill and she said that the best options for getting from Belize City to the lodge are to either rent a car or use the Pook's Hill transportation service to come pick us up and take us there. I think the latter option is a little pricey but I am not sure if it is safe to rent a car and drive there ourselves. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything is much appreciated!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Belize City to Pook's Hill near ATM

It's likely safe but maybe not necessary, depending on what else your plans are. Renting can be spendy, too, and your car will just sit there the day you do the ATM cave trip. You could check into other shuttle providers; William Hofma comes highly recommended: belize1122000@yahoo.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Belize City to Pook's Hill near ATM

The first time we went to Belize, we stayed at Pooks. I love it there. We arranged for someone from Pooks to pick us up at the airport. We met Ben and we stopped at the Zoo and then at Cheers for lunch. He was a great intro to Belize for us. He was a true teacher - history, animals, archaeology, plants, culture etc.

The next time we rented a car and it was super fun but we traveled around for 3 weeks. If you only have a couple of days, I would get a ride and just chill out at Pooks - ATM, river swim, jungle trail walks. It's lovely there. We decided not to return since our first memories were so special.

If you can afford to get a pick up from a Pooks person I would do that.

3. Re: Transportation from Belize City to Pook's Hill near ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 01:05
4. Re: Transportation from Belize City to Pook's Hill near ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 06:18