We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendations for Hol Chan Reserve tour

philadelphia
Level Contributor
743 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Need recommendations for Hol Chan Reserve tour

Hi, TA community! Hubby and I will be in Belize in June this year, first time trip. We are spending first 4 nights at Caves Branch lodge before heading to Pelican Reef Villas in AC for a week. I'm seeing lots of Belize travellers recommending to check out Hol Chan Resrve...and my husband and I love snorkelling! I also see there are lots of options for which tour company/guide/group to arrange this through. I would love to get any recommendations from travellers who had a good experience with their tour company, so that I can narrow down who to book this tour through. Thanks in advance for any info you can offer!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need recommendations for Hol Chan Reserve tour

I would wait and talk to them when I get there to negotiate price and availability.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,755 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need recommendations for Hol Chan Reserve tour

There are so many operators. The bigger ones are Seaduced and Searious. Also, Ecologic Divers does snorkel tours. Lil Alphonse gets rave reviews.

Numerous others.

My biggest question when I book would be the number of people on the tour. I really dislike being packed on a boat, then getting accidentally kicked in the head by someone's fins.

I'd do some Google searches for operators, write and ask how many they take out at a time. Also, their policy on the guides holding the sharks and rays....

3. Re: Need recommendations for Hol Chan Reserve tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:42