We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

Sorry to ask again but has anyone used this company? The rate they quoted us for transport from the Airport to Placencia was 1/2 that of other companies. Just asking if they are a reliable and pleasant company to use. Thanks

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

Being quoted 1/2 of what other companies are quoting makes me wonder if the others are quoting in Belize dollars, which is exactly twice as much as US dollars. You might want to ask that question if you haven't already.

2. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2012, 21:38
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

I seriously doubt they could do it for half the price. I'd ask them. If they are half, then use them. Let us know either way.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

I appreciate the input. I did verify that it was USD and I also verified the price from both Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours and Belize Shuttle. Hate it that such a discount is making me nervous which is why I asked the question.

D J
Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

Did you find out any information on this company? Did they work? I am traveling there and would like to use them if so!

D

virginia beach,VA
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

I used Discount Belize Shuttles and Tours and I was happy with their service. Our driver was Abraham, he was courteous, on time and willing to stop wherever we liked en route.

Jhn
New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

We just returned from Belize and used Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours and also had Abraham as a driver. I highly recommend this company. They were prompt, professional, friendly and flexible. Their prices seem to be much better than others as well!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

I just booked them as well for our upcoming trip thanks in part to good reviews on trip advisor. We are going from Belize City Int'll airport to Placencia Village. Being in Belize City makes me a little uncomfortable. Has anyone else used this company for this destination? I'm just wondering what route they take and if you have to drive through the city or around. If so, did you have any safety concerns?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

The driver should not have to go via Belize City -- it's a longer route. The shorter route is via the Boom road.

You are hiring the service, so let the driver know that you don't want to go via Belize City.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours

We used this shuttle service in Feb 2013 for a ride from BZE airport to San Ignacio and then again from SI to Placencia. Superior service in all regards - fair price, prompt and courteous driver, comfortable van, informative conversation. This service is recommended without a moment's hesitation.