We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Week to Go!!!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
One Week to Go!!!

We leave in a week for two weeks in Belize and I am just so excited, I think we are set. I did think of a few random questions:

1. Should we bring our own snorkel gear? Or is it relatively easy to rent from hotels? We are the Phoenix in San Pedro last part of trip. Will also be getting scuba cert but want to snorkel a bit too

2. We are staying at Lamanai Outpost Lodge, Chaa Creek, and The Phoenix. Do any, or all, of these places have some sort of internet station where we can check email? Do they have laundry services?

Trying to pack as little as possible (hence, the name) so if we leave laptop at home, and snorkel gear, and have access to laundry service that will a be a huge help.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Week to Go!!!

leave all of that foolishness home, you will find a rock and creek along the way not to mention an internet cafe.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,670 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Week to Go!!!

I bring my own mask and snorkel where ever we go. I want to make sure the mask fits. Fins should be easy to rent.

I don't know about the mainland, but, San Pedro has a couple of internet cafes, if the Phoenix doesn't have a computer for guest use. However, my lap top goes everywhere with me.

I think the Phoenix has washers and dryers, maybe even in the units. I've never had trouble getting laundry done anywhere in Belize.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Week to Go!!!

All 3 have wireless internet and I know both CC and LOL have computers for guest use. I think Phoenix has a biz center, but if not, they provide excellant customer service and will do all they can for you make you feel comfortable. info@thephoenixbelize.com ask them what they can provide. They have ipod stations in the rooms too

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Week to Go!!!

I'd leave the laptop at home, unless you had to do business.

http://www.onebag.com/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One Week to Go!!!

Another option (for future trips?): an iPod touch. Has wifi but no monthly fees. I bought a refurbished one and it works fine and cost less. I will never travel w/my laptop again!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Week to Go!!!

I would bring your own snorkel gear. At the very least your own mask. There is nothing worse than having a mask that doesn't fit and leaks or fogs up all the time.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,823 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Week to Go!!!

I would bring masks and snorkels, at least. Fit and comfort are huge, especially the mask and especially for diving. Plus there's an ickypoo factor when using other people's equipment. Happy trails!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Week to Go!!!

Thanks everyone! We'll bring our ipod touch and masks/snorkels - should be good to go! I'll keep you posted on our trip!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Week to Go!!!

The Phoenix does have a business center with several computers. And they have iPads that you can use in your own suite while you are staying there. Great place. All 3 hotels are actually. You will have a blast.

10. Re: One Week to Go!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:43