We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to get to Belmopan airport June 23?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance to get to Belmopan airport June 23?

We are leaving from Caves Branch Sat June 23 (note potential significance: this is during Lobsterfest week!) via Belmopan airport on Tropic Air to fly to San Pedro. How far in advance of the flight do you advise we get to the airport? thanks for any info!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,566 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance to get to Belmopan airport June 23?

I've never flown out of Belmopan, but, Tropic in San pedro wants you there 30 minutes before your flight. I'm guessing it would be the same, it certainly wouldn't be any longer.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance to get to Belmopan airport June 23?

I guess Caves Branch know what they are doing, but if it were me I would fly out of Municipal airstrip in the City, which is almost as close, and your flights are much less likely to get cancelled. And, err, Belmopan is definitely NOT an airport, named after my friend Don Hector Silva, it is a shed, a field and a landing strip!

puget sound
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance to get to Belmopan airport June 23?

We just flew from Belmopan to San Pedro a couple of weeks ago and were at the airport shack 1 hr before our flight. We had reservations and checked in and paid for our tickets in about 5 mins. We then waited for the plane for the rest of the time. There was only one other person waiting so it wasn't busy. But with reservations I would think 30 or 40 minutes would be sufficient.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance to get to Belmopan airport June 23?

:30 minutes is the requirement.

5. Re: How far in advance to get to Belmopan airport June 23?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:41