We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

Des Moines, Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

We are planning a family trip to Belize in March 2013. I was last in Belize 20 years ago and so the many changes in scenery and new opportunites has me dazed and confused. Our four children are all boys - ages 16, 13, 11, 9; we need adventure for them and little bit of relaxation for their mama. Top priority excursions will be zip lining, snorkeling, tubing, and the waterfall hike. I have looked at Villa Verano but am not sure if the Stann Creek location is the best fit or not. Our thought is that an all-inclusive will simplify the dining/excursion/entertainment process but I don't want to spend the extra money if we can easily make those accommodations on our own. Thank you so much for sharing our input!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

for simple you want cancun, belize is about enjoying the local scene.

Des Moines, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

Katzgar - Thank you - I should clarify. The advantage of an all-inclusive is that they appear to make the arrangements for all excursions. My intention was to inquiry as to whether or not making arrangements for day-trips on our own would be a challenge. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

I should also clarify, there is perhaps one AI in all of Belize. Use gamps and the links on this page as a planning tool but location will really depend on what you want to do. One common option is to split the trip between mainland and a caye.

Hopkins
Level Contributor
782 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

Jennifer, just up the beach from Villa Verona is Hamanasi. Check out their web site, as they do offer packages for rooms and tours. I would definitely not include meals in the package (though they do offer that option), as you can explore the village of Hopkins for great food or walk to nearby restaurants like Chef Rob's and Joe's Place.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
330 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

Splitting our trip worked best for us - four days in San Ignacio and four in Placencia. So we had the inland activities easily covered (ATM, zip lining, cave tubing) and the ocean. We loved not being tied to an all inclusive - there are so many great options you don't need it. And you absolutely can easily book everything yourselves and save $$$. This forum is your best resource. Search and go.

We had such a great time that next March we are doing 3 days in San Ignacio so we can do Tikal and 5 in San Pedro so we get to see that part of the country.

6. Re: Family of six seeking input on Belize vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:46