We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

Does anyone know of a reason to choose between Javier's or Tropic Air for a charter flight?

They are quoting similar prices - Tropic's is cheaper but 'approximate' whereas Javier's is a fixed cost.

Many thanks for any advice!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

I know the owners of Javier's, and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use them.

I'd see if you can get Tropic to lock in a price, then choose the cheapest.

If Tropic won't commit, I'd go with Javier. Actually, unless the price difference is significant, I'd go with Javier anyway, but, that's just because I like the people who own the business.....

San Pedro, Belize
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

I have taken many charters with Tropic air. i think they have been doing them for 30 years. I think  you ask for a sightseeing flight, so it depends on how much you fly for the price. Javiers is ok too.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

We book private charter and Blue Hole sightseeing trips with Javier's all the time, our guests love the experience. We use Tropic for all non-charter flights and they are great.

Level Contributor
11 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

About what price range was it for Flyover of Blue Hole? Family of 4.

Thanks,

Sandy

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

A friend and I used Javier's for a flight from Belize City Municipal over the Blue Hole to San Pedro. Our pilot (Elisa) flew 2-3 times around the hole and also flew us over Caye Caulker. I highly recommend Javiers. Cost in 2012 for 2 people was $576 total.

Edited: 12 January 2013, 20:24
6. Re: Javier's Flying Service vs Tropic Air?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:17