We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I love the tropics

New York, New York...
1 post
Save Topic
I love the tropics

I want to move to Belize I have about 15 yrs in the construction/ maintenance also guest service , front desk experience.

What would be a good approach It would be my son and I who's 5

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I love the tropics

move there with a fortune and return home broke.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I love the tropics

You might want to ask your question on the Belize forum. More of an expat/local presence there.

http://www.belizeforum.com/belize/

Jobs can be hard to come by if you're not a Belizean, or, have a skill that isn't able to be met by the local work force. You'll almost certainly have to establish residency before you can get a work permit.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I love the tropics

I dont remember the details with great accuracy but a foreigner may not work in Belize but may own a business but not sure how well the laws are enforced. . Employees must be locals something along those lines.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,479 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I love the tropics

1. May I suggest reading up on the current economic crisis in Belize, and the one in Argentina about ten years ago. That didn't go well for Argentina.

2. This thread may disappear because TripAdvisor doesn't like threads about relocation.

5. Re: I love the tropics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:17