We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

Erlanger, Kentucky
Level Contributor
3 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

Im heading to Belize for the first time the third week of January. The first 2-3days I'd like to do the jungle, caves and ruin exploration. The next 3-4 days get a couple dives in. And the last day just get ready to miss everything. I was planning on staying at the Corona Del Mar Hotel on AC but it seems that I might be better off finding a place in Cayo to stay the first half and then go to the AC after the jungle adventure. Please help in this logistical issue!

Much appreciated!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

Cayo is better to go to first, and then the cayes. Much easier when leaving.

Erlanger, Kentucky
Level Contributor
3 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

Thanks. Any suggestions on places to stay in Cayo? Doesn't need to be 5star but would prefer more than a hostel as well

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,860 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

Here are 3 places we've enjoyed, all great value but different from each other:

www.thetrekstop.com

www.aguadahotel.com

www.belizecamp.com

Edited: 18 November 2012, 04:48
Erlanger, Kentucky
Level Contributor
3 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

Thanks so much

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
328 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

You are going to want to stay in Cayo to enjoy the inland activities and not spend all your time traveling. 3 out of 4 of my group were happy at Cahal Pech in San Ignacio and we had a family cabana (two full bedrooms and two baths) for $109US per night so it was reasonable - food is ok, bar and pool are fantastic, - rooms (specifically mattresses!) could use a bit of TLC but not terrible, view is incredible.

My 4th needed the extra pampering at The San Ignacio Resort Hotel which is a beautiful hotel and the food is great. The price is quite a bit more but that's where we will stay next visit.

6. Re: Another Cry for Itinerary help, thanks in advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 21:15