We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering if Blackberry Phone will work in Belize

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wondering if Blackberry Phone will work in Belize

Does anyone know if my Blackberry cell phone will work in Belize - Specifically receiving emails and using BBM. Thank you!

My carrier is Telus in Canada.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
430 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wondering if Blackberry Phone will work in Belize

I would check your provider's website for a listing of roaming charges while abroad. I am in the UK and use my iPhone while abroad but basically use it as an old fashioned phone. 3G and roaming switched off. I use it only with wi-fi for checking e-mails. Your provider website should list all charges for texts in the country you are travelling to. Providers in the UK now have a limit and they will alert you by text if you are about to exceed the limit. Previously the bills rocketed and many people didn't realise until they got a £300 sterling bill on their return - and more!

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wondering if Blackberry Phone will work in Belize

Your Telus Blackberry will not work in Belize, neither to send or receive.

If you travel a lot, my advice is to avoid Telus' extortionate roaming charges by buying a cheap unlocked phone and then buy a SIM card when you reach your destination.

In Belize the SIM will cost about $50BZ and will have a $10BZ credit on it. If that is the route you want to go, let me know and I can point you to a online source for Belize SIM cards. She can set you up with a phone # in advance of your trip so you can give it to your family and friends.

Portimao, Portugal
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wondering if Blackberry Phone will work in Belize

If it's sim free,it will work in Belize.

But if it's locked to some network provider,Roaming charges will be applicable.If you need to cut your Roaming charges,try to unlock your blackberry mobile phone using www.theunlockarena.com/blackberry/rs16wp8/ Here you can unlock your mobile phone at low cost.When i had the same situation,i followed the same way.So only i would recommend this one.I hope it will be very useful to you.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wondering if Blackberry Phone will work in Belize

I use a Blackberry here. You can put a Sim card in mine, although I use Smart, so Sim's aren't used by them. I wouldn't do the roaming because sometimes the rates are well over $5us a minute.

5. Re: Wondering if Blackberry Phone will work in Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Belize