We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropic Air

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tropic Air

I booked flights with Tropic Air on their website for flights in February. When I got my credit card statement, the charge showed up as being Icon Associates Limited. I am now concerned that I may have booked on a site that is not the real Tropic Air site. Can anyone confirm that Tropic Air charges really do show up as Icon Associates on the credit card statement.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropic Air

reservations@tropicair.com

ask them

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,924 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropic Air

I think if you look closely at your email reservation confirmation, it will say that's what will appear on your credit card.

At any rate, it is legitimate, it's what it's said for years when I book Tropic. It is a bit disconcerting though......

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropic Air

I also got credit card statements with Icon Associates, ltd. indicated. After reconciliation with all other expenses, all that seems to be left are charges from Tropic Air. So using my inordinate powers of deduction, I'm going to assume that Icon and Tropic Air are synonymous. Good luck and safe travels.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropic Air

Haha! 'Inordinate powers of deduction!' Classic! I think I'll used that on my term paper I'm currently taking a 20 minute break from...thanks. I've always trusted Tropic, never had a problem, and never noticed what it said next to the amount charged. They're on the up and up.

Edited: 24 January 2013, 04:57
5. Re: Tropic Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 05:18