We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize help!

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Belize help!

My girlfriend and I are looking at taking a vacation to Belize in May. I am looking at staying for 5 days. Can you help me with places to visit or stay. We are a late 20's couple who like the nightlife/nice dinners but also want to get out and explore. I'm an active diver and snorkler. She is new to diving. We also want to experience the jungle and ruins. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize help!

San Pedro is the more socially active beach area, but far from the mainland and with only 4 nights/5 days, I would suggest Placencia beach and take day trips to the mainland from there. Look at both and see which better suits you

Phoenix
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize help!

If you can't extend your trip, I would think you'd have to decide if you want to dive or checkout the jungle. 4-5 days is about right for each option, not both options. 4-5 nights in San Ignacio, followed by 4-5 nights in San Pedro would be perfect...

Decide first which you'd rather do (Dive or Jungle excursion), then this board can help. There's plenty to do inland to keep you busy (ruins, waterfalls, spelunking, rapelling), and of course there's the Blue Hole and the atolls to Dive along with a visit to the Palapa Bar (drinking in inner tubes), the Chicken Drop, and hitting the bars along the beach (Canucks, BC's, etc.)...

Tough decision...

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize help!

I agree that your trip is pretty short. You could stay in San Pedro, and take one day to do a tour to the Mayan ruins at Lamanai. It's in the jungle, you'll usually see howler monkeys. Also, lots of birds. Usually crocodiles on the way. Last couple of times we've seen manatees as well.

Not as good as being able to split your trip, but, would at least give you a chance to see a lovely Mayan site, which is in the jungle, as well as some chances to see some wildlife.

4. Re: Belize help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 10:17