We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with itinerary and transportation

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help with itinerary and transportation

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your help in advance. I'm trying to plan a trip to Belize in March. As of right now, I'll be flying into Belize City and I would like to visit Placencia, San Ignacio and San Pedro to go visit the Mayan ruins, snorkeling, beach and relaxation. Are there any cave tubing excursion available in the places I mentioned above? What are my options for transportation from one place to the next? Please provide the cost and time for the transportation. Thank you

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with itinerary and transportation

Here's a site with a bit of information about transportation...

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with itinerary and transportation

Cave tubing and Mayan temples in Cayo. Mayan temples in Toledo, just south of Placencia. You can rent a car, take private transfers or find shuttles or the local basic bus between locations. You can fly or take the water taxi to the caye, where you'll find great snorkeling less than a mile from the reef. Placencia is 19 miles from the reef

California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with itinerary and transportation

MisterB amazing info. I have bookmarked for further plans. thank you

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with itinerary and transportation

On the way to Cayo, you can cave tube. You might want to rent a vehicle, but they are expensive, and there are many tours that provide transport... It's easy and fast to get around since Belize is so small.

5. Re: Need help with itinerary and transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 06:19