We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking about a 5 night trip, What should I do?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking about a 5 night trip, What should I do?

My wife and I need a beach vacation. We're booking last minute. Thinking about Hawaii, Mexico but Belize also popped in my head.

Think 5 days would be enough to enjoy?

Which areas would be best for 5 days?

Would be interested in seeing some ruins but really looking to spend must of our time on the beach.

Thoughts?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking about a 5 night trip, What should I do?

I'd choose between Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye (I'd pick the former) and do the (long) day trip to the Lamanai Maya site. Happy trails!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,924 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking about a 5 night trip, What should I do?

I agree with the Lamanai trip. But, I prefer Ambergris to Caulker. Better beaches, more options for food/drink and lodging. Downtown San Pedro can be busy, but, I love sitting in one of the little restaurants and watching the people go by on their bikes and golf carts.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking about a 5 night trip, What should I do?

I'd look into Placencia. It has the best, and many say only, beach in Belize. You can get to ruins from there in a few hours. Like both the above, there are great places to eat, drink, and hang out.

4. Re: Thinking about a 5 night trip, What should I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 06:15