We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Cancun to San Pedro in a day?

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Cancun to San Pedro in a day?

I will be starting my vacation in Isla Mujeres Mexico then traveling to AC. I am wanting to do this in a day. Has anyone done the ADO bus from Cancun to Chetumal then the ferry to AC in one day? Is this to much?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Cancun to San Pedro in a day?

It is possible if you get an early morning (before 8am) ADO express bus from Cancun. The bus trip is about 5.5 to 6 hours.

Go to the ADO website and find a bus that will arrive in Chetumal before 2pm -- that will give you enough time to taxi from the ADO terminal to the pier, and maybe get something to eat.

Or, you could get another bus from Chetumal to Corozal and fly with one of the Belizean airlines. Check the websites of Tropic Air and Maya Island Air to see the flight schedules. Allow about an hour to cross the border.

Edited: 17 March 2013, 22:56
Quadra Island BC
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Cancun to San Pedro in a day?

I did this route in November, it does take a full day and when you arrive in San Pedro it'll be getting dark. I didn't know this ahead of time and had never been to San Pedro and hadn't made any arrangements for accomodations yet!

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Cancun to San Pedro in a day?

Excellent!! Thanks for the info!

4. Re: Travel from Cancun to San Pedro in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 06:17