We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the beast beach to visit from airport for one night?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
16 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
What is the beast beach to visit from airport for one night?

I'll be in Belize for one night in April (Saturday) before heading back to the states the following day (Sunday). I want to spend my day on the beach soaking up the sun. What would be the best beach for my one night stay? Is there a hotel by the airport that I could stay at and then head to the beach. Any hotels recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

*BEST beach not BEAST. Sorry, I hate spelling errors and I can't change the title.

Edited: 27 March 2013, 02:04
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,041 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the beast beach to visit from airport for one night?

There aren't any beaches close to the airport. If you don't mind spending the money, you could fly on to Caye Caulker or Ambergris for the night, then fly back to BZE the next day for your flight home.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the beast beach to visit from airport for one night?

The nearest beach is at a place called Old Belize. It's located about 5 miles from Belize City along the George Price (formerly called the Western) Highway. A taxi from Belize City shouldn't be more than BZ$20.

The beach is small and it's not the best beach in Belize, but you'll probably enjoy soaking up some rays there. There's also a restaurant/bar and museum.

http://www.oldbelize.com/index.php?section=1

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
16 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the beast beach to visit from airport for one night?

MisterB266 - Thank you so much! I'll definitely check out that link.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
16 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the beast beach to visit from airport for one night?

Jeanh - I may consider flying. Either way, thanks for taking the time to reply!

5. Re: What is the beast beach to visit from airport for one night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:17