We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travellers Liquors Heritage Center

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Travellers Liquors Heritage Center

Counting the days until we head to Belize...will be spending 2 weeks visiting the country...

On the day we head to San Pedro....we have no planned activities other than driving from San Ignacio, returning the rental and catching a Tropic Air Flight around 1pm....

Is the Traveller's Liquor Heritage Center worth spending some time to visit??

A good place to pick up some local rum for the rest of the trip?

This will also be a day when a cruise ship in in port....Any idea about cruise crowds at the center??

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travellers Liquors Heritage Center

You can buy rum anywhere and Travellers has a shop on San Pedro. I enjoyed the musuem and its a cruise ship attraction, so contact the musuem and ask which day they don't have them scheduled

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travellers Liquors Heritage Center

Thanks Katie.

With our schedule this day is the only day that will fit with our schedule..

Will call the museum and check out what times the cruise ship traffic starts...we may be able to arrive earlier than the cruise ship traffic...Just thought it might be something fun to do...

Would welcome any suggestions for 1-2 hour activities in or around Belize City (on a day when 3000+ people are in port).... we will have already seen multiple Mayan sites, the zoo, and done tubing....may see if I can get an earlier flight out to Ambergris.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travellers Liquors Heritage Center

Museum of Belize is well worth visiting

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travellers Liquors Heritage Center

Thanks Katie for the recommendation...The Museum of Belize may be more our style than the rum heritage center--my interest in rum is a good mojito a couple times of year..

I am looking forward to our visit and thank everyone on this forum for the excellent recommendations and sharing of experiences...

5. Re: Travellers Liquors Heritage Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:17