I am traveling with my almost 14 year old son - maybe a friend of his coming along but unlikely. We are confined to the mid to end of August. Do not mind the "green" season - it was fine for us in Mexico and Costa Rica so hopefully.
We are looking into places that will have other families especially young teens if it ends up being the two of us. We like adventures but want to feel safe. Friends went to Cave Branch Lodge in Feb and suggested that. Sorry for the long post but I always get such great info here. So here are my questions:
-haven't seen many recent reviews on CBL here through searching
- will august in the juggle be too oppressive - heard there are only fans but did read one post that said electricity can be spotty.
- not planning on renting a car - best way to get to CBL or similar place in that area?
- want to get some beach time too - suggestions on which one? where to stay?
- transportation from mountains to the beach?
- excluding travel day on each end - plan to be away a full 8 days but can add 1 - 2 more. How to divide that between jungle and beach?