We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what are must do's for a honeymoon in Belize?

Burnaby, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
what are must do's for a honeymoon in Belize?

My fiancé and I are heading to Belize for our honeymoon beginning of August and will be staying on Ambergris Caye for the full time with plans for day trips. We are low maintenance (staying in a condo and making most of our own meals), adventurous, and also looking to relax. I am wondering what the "must do's" are for while we are in Belize. We are wanting to go to the Blue Hole, cave tubing, Mayan ruins, Caye Caulker and Belize City. Are these all do-able in a 10 day trip? What is worth our while and what is worth skipping and what are we missing?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone!

Missouri
Level Contributor
19 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what are must do's for a honeymoon in Belize?

I'd skip Belize City, we have driven through but I cannot imagine it being too exciting. Had friends head to the zoo, I'd skip that too. As for DO's. zipline, cave tubing, trip to Lamanai Ruins is cool or if you can get someone to take you to Guatemala Tikal is suppose to be incredible. On the island...rent a golf cart, go to the palapa bar, snorkel hol chan, reef fish, buy tickets to the chicken drop, try coconut ice cream, eat a Papusa at waruguma and buy some cinnamon bread at casa pan dulce and make French toast.

Not a ton of nightlife but sit back an enjoy.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what are must do's for a honeymoon in Belize?

Tikal is a highlight of the region for me but not really feasible as a day trip. Worth considering if you're willing to spend a night, though, especially if you can hire archaeologist/naturalist Roxy Ortiz - she's amazing.

www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

I've read you can do the road/boat trip to Lamanai as a day trip from Ambergris, so maybe that could be your Maya site fix for this trip.

We really love the Belize Zoo - really unusual, fascinating roots, all native species, and a good sense of humor. Maybe you could combine it with cave tubing or another adventure.

www.belizezoo.org

The ATM is a highlight for many of us. It might be a bit tricky as a day trip but worth looking into.

www.pacztours.net/actun-tunichil-muknal/

My photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested: Tikal in 2003, 2007, 2009, and 2012 (plus Yaxhá that year, another favorite in the area), Belize Zoo in 2003 and 2009, Lamanai, ATM cave, and Caulker in 2009. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

3. Re: what are must do's for a honeymoon in Belize?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:20