We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

I'm trying to plan a trip in mid November to Belize. I'm looking for a hotel that is on the beach, close to some nightlife and shopping, and has access to the "Lamanai" and "cave tubing" excursions. However my husband has a fear of flying, so the hotel and excursions must only be available by boat or car, not a crop-duster. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find something that fits my needs. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd LOVE to hear from you. Thanks :)

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

You can stay on either Ambergris or Caye Caulker. You can get to either by water taxi. Then, you can take excursions to Lamanai and cave tubing from either caye. The trip to Lamanai is a boat/bus/boat trip. From Ambergris it's an all day affair, it won't be much shorter from Caulker.

Neither trip will be inexpensive from the Cayes. Your other option is to stay on the mainland, see what you want to see then head to one of the beach destinations.

You don't have to fly if you don't want to. It's just much faster.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

Thanks so much for your help. What about San Pedro? Are there any beachfront resorts that are close to shops there?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

San Pedro is the town on Ambergris Caye. Lots of lodging options. The most upscale is the Phoenix. Ramon's is on the nicest stretch of beach. What's your budget?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

Up to $300 per nioght if its worth it. R these hotels close to shops and bars?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

There isn't a whole lot of shopping in San Pedro. A few souvenir shops, some art work, some jewelry places, as well as lots of vendors selling their wears in temporary stands.

Plenty of bars and restaurants.

If you would like something more moderate, look at the Palms, nice condos, right next to Ramon's. Also, Oasis de Caribe, Paradise Villas may work.

Also, Sunbreeze and Sunbreeze Suites.

All of the above are beach front and have pools. Just depends how upscale you want to go.

I live a mile south of town when I'm on the island. We walk everywhere, take the occasional cab if we happen to be out late. There's several bars around there as well. Also, grocery stores and such. A bit quieter than downtown, not that San Pedro is terribly busy and noisy.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

That was extemely helpful! That you so much my dear, you are wonderful!!! I will check into those resorts asap

7. Re: Help me decide where to stay pleeeeeeease!!!,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:18