We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need 5 day itinerary to Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need 5 day itinerary to Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye.

Hi! My husband, my stepson (17 years old), my in laws and I are travelling to Belize at the end of this month (July). My husband, stepson, and I want to do some scuba diving but I'd like to plan a trip that will be enjoyable for all of us. I am really interested in visiting both Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye (San Pedro). Should we pick an island and do a day trip to the other or split the trip 2 nights in each? Which island would be best for scuba diving excursions? And if we do both islands, which should we visit first? I really like the idea of the slow life in CC but would really enjoy the dining experience that supposedly San Pedro has to offer. Thanks so much for your response in advance...

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need 5 day itinerary to Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye.

I think pick one to stay on and visit the other and if you want another location to stay in, choose something different, ie: inland or mainland beach or a small caye on the reef or atoll. Plenty choices

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need 5 day itinerary to Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye.

San Pedro has some good restaurants, and it's close to many of the dive sites. It's a little more expensive, but it feels bigger.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need 5 day itinerary to Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye.

Thanks for your responses, my friends. I think Caye Caulker is going to win because other than the diving, everyone wants to lounge. That sounds like CC to me. We will plan a day trip to San Pedro. I'm so excited and can't wait to experience Belize. It's a shorter trip so we'll definitely have to plan to come back with more time. Any recommendations for must do restaurants in CC?

4. Re: Need 5 day itinerary to Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:19