We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top ten advice -- going to Ambergis Caye next week!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Top ten advice -- going to Ambergis Caye next week!

Me and my bf are going to Belize and staying at Coco Beach resort. Based on your knowledge, what are the top 10 things you suggest for our trip? A few things we plan on doing:

-Visiting Mayan Ruins

- Snorkeling (bf can't snorkel since he's under doctor's instructions not to get water in his eyes)

- Eating at restaurants in san pedro

- Renting bikes to travel the island and to San Pedro

-

Quadra Island BC
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top ten advice -- going to Ambergis Caye next week!

Where are you staying? I stayed at Pedro's. great rooms great price great food. Check out L'amanai (sp?) for ruins. Climb the high tower!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top ten advice -- going to Ambergis Caye next week!

Take a day trip to Caye Caulker, either on your own via water taxi, or as part of a snorkel tour on a catamaran.

Fishing/beach barbecue day.

Head to Crazy Canucks on Sunday for horseshoes and live music.

Enjoy your stay.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top ten advice -- going to Ambergis Caye next week!

Thank you for the suggestions. We went to Xunantunich -- I guess it's not as big as L'manai (sp) but it was still a good site to see. We did they cave tubing combined with the mayan ruins tour. Also did some snorkeling at Hol Chan. It's been a week since return, and I can say I truly enjoyed our 5-day stay. If we had more time, I would've arranged a ferry ride to Caye Caulker. When we return, we may try to stay there for all or part of the trip.

4. Re: Top ten advice -- going to Ambergis Caye next week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:17