We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passports / Credits Cards / Cash - What to do?

2 posts
Save Topic
Passports / Credits Cards / Cash – What to do?

Hello everyone, I am looking for some advice. Me and my husband are travelling to belize and planning on staying in San Ignacio Parrots and Placenia. Both places we are staying at do not appear to have a safe to keep passports credit cards etc.

What should I do with them? Do you recommend taking them with us everywhere we go, I don’t feel comfortable bringing them on our jungle adventures, cave tubing etc. or going snorkeling, but I am not sure leaving them in the room is a good idea either.

Altournative Belize Services
River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Cave Tubing R Us
River Rafting & Tubing
Belize Exotic Adventures - Day Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passports / Credits Cards / Cash – What to do?

We use one of these:

There are sites that sell them cheaper than what's on that web page.

They aren't fool proof, but, will definitely deter the casual thief. They also don't take up much room in your luggage.

2. Re: Passports / Credits Cards / Cash – What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:20