We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

dallas
Level Contributor
144 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

If you had to chose one for a 3 night stay with a family with older children who like to snorkel but don't scuba or fish, which would you chose?

Thanks!

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

See that you've gotten no reply so will throw in my 2c. I've spent lots of time out at Turneffe aboard my boat so know the area and have been ashore at TIR, but have not stayed at either resort. Both are nice and highly rated properties. I think for kids looking to explore and snorkel, anywhere on Turneffe would be like a natural Disney Land (...it is for me!).

Re fishing. Turneffe is world renowned for its fishing....even non-fishermen should give it a try. Particularly for kids, catching is much more fun than fishing....and it is hard not to catch fish at Turneffe.

I'm not as familiar w the snorkeling around T Flats, but there is extensive and excellent snorkeling near TIR.

What you won't see in the glossy web sites is that Turneffe has more land mass than any of the other atolls so some areas can be buggy...bring along plenty of repelant. Most resorts spray to keep the bugs under control so not as much of an issue there.

dallas
Level Contributor
144 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

I would choose Turneffe Island resort. They have 2 snorkel trips per day and the blue hole trip included. It's a true private island plus they spoil you!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

As do T Flat and BB. TI and BB have a pool

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

you might have a problem scheduling a short vacation at least with TIR. Their boat runs on a set schedule and they charge a lot for a private run. The snorkeling there involves taking a boat ride. No off-the-beach snorkeling and the chance of running into a crocodile if you try. But it's a lovely place and they spoil you with good food and wake up coffee/tea that appears of your porch. That trip to the Blue Hole in only run once a week, but it's great.

6. Re: Terneffe Island Resort vs. Turneffe Flats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:19