We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December?

Old Greenwich...
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December?

Hi! First I want to thank all who have responded to my questions to help me plan our trip!

We will be in Placencia and San Ignacio in late December and I'm just wondering what the weather is typically like during this time of year? I just looked at historic weather reports from 2012 and it looks like it was fairly warm with little rainfall last year - is this typical? I've read other reports that state that the temps could drop and it could be rainy. I'm just wondering what to expect? We would just really like to be able to swim in Placencia. Thanks!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December?

In my experience living in Belize...

December

Average daily high about 28° C.

Average overnight low about 20° C.

Average humidity about 75%.

Average precipitation about 175 mm.

Being inland, San Ignacio will feel hotter than Placencia in the daytime and cooler at night.

About every 7 to 10 days, a cold front moves in from the north. These fronts cause a drop in temperature and sometimes rain. Most noticeable is the temperature -- the days change from really hot to just hot, and the nights get cooler, but maybe not cold enough for a jacket. An extra blanket might be needed on the bed, and you won't need a/c at night.

There will be rain in December but it doesn't rain every day nor all day. Rain usually comes as brief showers and often overnight so the days are clear & sunny. I think it's an excellent time to visit.

Old Greenwich...
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December?

Wow! It sounds fantastic! Thank you so much!

Sao Bartolomeu de...
Level Contributor
73 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December?

We were in Pacencia and Amegris last December and the weather was fne - we did ave a hew showers but hese cam mainly at night and did not stop us doing anything - we are going back this year so must have been good!

4. Re: Weather in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17