We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEED LODGING Recommendations to do ATM, Cave Tubing, & Ruins

San Marcos...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NEED LODGING Recommendations to do ATM, Cave Tubing, & Ruins

My husband and I and another couple will be traveling to Belize for approximately 3-4 days during the first week of December. We will be traveling from Cozumel into Belize and so far the easy part is getting there, however the more difficult part is deciding where to stay and what to do. I’ve read countless reviews and spoken to numerous people who have been to Belize, and just when I think I have made a decision, I start to question my selections. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed by all the amazing places, so I’m hoping I can get some great recommendations for our trip.

What we would like to do in 3-4 days:

- ATM cave tour

- Cave tubing

- Mayan ruins

- And maybe relax too!

I’ve also been told to stay in a jungle lodge, Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker. I’m not sure if we can stay in a jungle lodge AND one of the Cayes in the limited amount of days we are there, but if someone thinks we can pick 2, then that’s what we’d like to do.

Layton, Utah
Level Contributor
183 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NEED LODGING Recommendations to do ATM, Cave Tubing, & Ruins

You're going to love Belize, but with only 3-4 days I'd recommend you pick just one location. Since you listed ATM, Ruins, and Cave Tubing I'd recommend you check out the San Ignacio area. Not super close to cave tubing but not more than an hour away either. We stayed at Table Rock Jungle Lodge and loved it. Five or six cabanas right next to the river. The hosts and employees are super nice and helpful. The meals there are wonderful to.

Xunantunich ruin is just outside of town and San Ignacio is the closed town to Caracol ruins.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NEED LODGING Recommendations to do ATM, Cave Tubing, & Ruins

Look at lodges and hotels in the Cayo district where all these activities are

Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NEED LODGING Recommendations to do ATM, Cave Tubing, & Ruins

We stayed at Black Rock Lodge in the Cayo district outside of San Ignacio. I'd highly recommend it. They have several cabanas set in the jungle - all very secluded and private. The food is excellent and they do candlelit dinners in the evening where everyone can sit together and share their experiences of the day. We did several tours from there. We had a rental car and drove to cave tubing and ruins on our own then used tour guides once we got there. It was MUCH cheaper. We didn't do ATM, but they do have tours from there and anything else you might want to do if you don't have a rental car. We also did their night hike and horseback/caving tours. We spent 5 days there and had plenty of time.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
621 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NEED LODGING Recommendations to do ATM, Cave Tubing, & Ruins

I concur with PeakHealth. Stay in one of the jungle lodges around San Ignacio.

By the way, you stated that traveling from Cozumel to Belize is easy. Are you looking at a car rental, or are you taking a bus? Either way, Playa del Carmen (opposite of Cozumel) to San Ignacio will take you most of the day (550 km, or about 7 hours + time on the border). So aside from the 3 or 4 days in Belize, you'll have to add another two of travel time from and to Cozumel.

If you were looking 3, or 4 days total, San Ignacio may not be for you.

5. Re: NEED LODGING Recommendations to do ATM, Cave Tubing, & Ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 07:18