We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enough time to catch our flight home?

New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
enough time to catch our flight home?

We are flying into Belize City next week, then on to Tropic Air to Ambergris Caye then to Tranquility Bay. After three days, then to San Pedro to The Phoenix, then Tropic Air back to Belize City then home (NYC).

We are booked for 11am Tropic Air flight from Ambergris Caye to Belize City to catch a 1:05 flight home. Is this enough time or should we take the 10 am flight? Tranquility Bay says not enough time. Phoenix says enough time.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: enough time to catch our flight home?

I've made it with less time (missed the flight I was supposed to be on). But, it was stressful. Personally, I'd just take the 10am. Once, and only once, Tropic was actually late as well. Doesn't happen often, but, it can.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: enough time to catch our flight home?

So you don't need a 3 hour time frame? I have a 4:50p flight out of BZE and booked a 1pm flight from San Pedro. The resort (Belizean Shores) had suggested 2p and I asked if it was enough time given the warning on the Tropic Air . Now I am wondering if 2p will be ok?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: enough time to catch our flight home?

I try for two hours. The flight from San Pedro to BZE is about 15 minutes. Takes maybe five minutes to get your bags and walk around the corner to check in to your international flight. Several years ago, every bag had to be hand checked and it took much longer.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enough time to catch our flight home?

Great! May try to change it then. Thank.

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
446 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: enough time to catch our flight home?

Is is it best to arrive two hours before scheduled departure time at BZE like US airports? What is the recommended time for flights departing to other parts of Central America?

New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: enough time to catch our flight home?

I am the original poster and we did change to the earlier flight. The extra hour really didn't give us much more time to hang out in San Pedro and then we didn't have to worry about missing the flight home. As our tropic air flight took off about ten minutes late it took the stress off to take the earlier flight but the later flight would have also gotten us home. I would say you should be at the San Pedro airport at least two hours prior to your flight.

Edited: 31 December 2013, 01:32
7. Re: enough time to catch our flight home?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Belize