We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Belize

Willow, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in Belize

My husband and I are going to Belize in mid-April. We like quiet places, small hotels or B&Bs, the beach, and exploring. Any suggestions? Also, is the weather good at that time?

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
281 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Belize

Weather is usually perfect around March-April so no problems there.

Both Placencia and Hopkins have some great options for small hotels and they provide easy access to both beach and jungle activities.

In Placencia I love:

1. Casa Placencia www.casaplacencia.com

2. Paradise Resort www.belize123.com

3. A Belizean Nirvana www.belizeanirvana.com

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Belize

weather is purrfect, get it!!! yea go down to hopkins, lebeha has some nice cabanas, that is the drumming center, so you could get to tie in culture with it, and if you want to get around, then do it with the locals, that strive to please, kulcha tours, or razor-edge-tours.com

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Belize

If you tell us how many nights you plan to stay, if you have interests in things in addition to beach and quiet (like snorkeling, Maya sites, birding, hiking, caving, etc.), and your general budget we can help you more. My recommendations are vastly different for a 1 week high budget trip than for a 2-3 week mid range trip (my cup of tea).

In the mean time, my photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Edited: 23 November 2013, 15:37
4. Re: Where to go in Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:15