We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel/resort with kids?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel/resort with kids?

My husband and I are looking at taking our soon-to-be 7 year old twins to Belize in April. We previously went to Belize in 2006 (pre-kids). We stayed at Hamansi and loved it, but we'd like to stay somewhere else that caters to families a bit more. We don't need constant kid activities (ala Beaches), but we would like some other kids around and some excursions suitable for younger children. We also would like a suite or a villa so that the kids can have a separate room in which to sleep. I've looked into Robert's Grove and that seems like it might be a good option, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for your help!

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
281 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel/resort with kids?

Chabil Mar has some beautiful two bedroom villas, and their master bedrooms are great and will give you plenty of privacy. The pools are fun and they host families on a regular basis.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel/resort with kids?

RG is a very good choice with 3 pools and is larger so more opportunity for your kids to meet others around the same age to keep them engaged. CM also a very good choice, among others, like Laru Beya next to RG

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel/resort with kids?

Chaa Creek has lots of activities for the kids, but it's not in Placencia, or on the coast. Don't know if that was a must.

4. Re: Best hotel/resort with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:19