We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach in Belize

houston texasaspen
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beach in Belize

we are going to on a cruise ship that stops in Belze for one day in January.We want to go to the bea ch for the day.What is the split? Is there a beach on Caye Caulter that we could go to?We could take the water taxi.

Level Contributor
7,144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: beach in Belize

Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker are the main destinations for many visitors, but these places don't have the best beaches in Belize. I would say that AC beaches are nicer than CC beaches.

The Split is a location on CC where the island was split during a storm (I think that's the story, but that's not important). The important thing is there's no decent beach there. There is a bar and some snorkelling, so there's always a crowd.

If you're also after a place with some shops, restaurants, bars, etc, then AC is the place to go.

I don't know what the ship has to offer, but if there are trips to other cayes, for example Goff's Caye, that might be the best option. You won't have any shops, but you will have beautiful beach and good snorkelling.

2. Re: beach in Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:16