We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

Regina Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

Hello

I am looking for transportation suggestions from San Ignacio to Belize City. Does anyone have any recommendations? Taxis, bus, or shuttle? One quote I received was $130 for a shuttle service directly to the ferry for 2 of us. I thought that seemed steep... If you have anyone or any service you could refer it would be appreciated.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

1. Cheapest

Get a bus -- they terminate at the bus terminal and you'll have to get a taxi from there to the water taxi terminal. The bus is an old school bus, so it won't be comfortable.

2. Ask a few taxi drivers in San Ignacio. Taxis in Belize usually don’t have any markings (although this seems to be changing), and I haven’t yet seen one with a meter. They can be identified by a green license plate that displays, in white, the letter “D” followed by four digits.Look for taxis in good condition. I'd guess that the fare wouldn't be over BZ$200 (US$100).

3. Ask some other shuttle services. Here are the ones I'd try...

a) William’s Belize Shuttle,

www.parrot-nest.com/belize_shuttle.html

b) Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours,

discountedbelizeshuttlesandtours.com/index.h…

Regina Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

Thanks for the thorough feedback. I will price out the shuttles to see if they are different from the first quote I received. We will check with the cabbies when we get there, but I am thinking we will end up bussing it as we have the time and will have spent a lot on the first leg of our trip!

Belize
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

I recommend taking a shuttle as they can pick you up from your place of stay and directly transport you to your destination.

Again William Hofman has a great Shuttle service: www.williamshuttlebelize.com

Another choice would be Teddy Bear Shuttle: www.teddybearshuttle.com

or Mayan Heart world Shuttle: www.mayanheartworld.net

All all these shuttle service providers are located in San Ignacio Town and would be able to assist you.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 11:24
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

It's only a couple of hours from San Ignacio to Belize City. I'd take the bus, unless you have a lot of luggage. It's so much cheaper, and it is a relatively short trip.

The cab fare from the bus terminal to the water taxi terminal is only a few dollars.

Regina Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

Thanks for the referrals. I will check out the shuttle and taxi rates, but I think we will end up taking the bus. We aren't in a rush to get to the cayes and we each just have our packs!

6. Re: San Ignacio to Belize City transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:17