We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer help/ shared ride / sight seeing

Buna, Tx
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transfer help/ shared ride / sight seeing

We are getting excited about our trip to Belize, and are trying to figure out the best way to get around. My husband and I will be arriving @ 11 am on the 16th of January. We are staying at the Almond Beach in Hopkins. Our second stay is at Sleeping Giant. We will be leaving from there for the return trip to the airport on Wednesday, the 22nd of January. Flight leaves at 4:52 PM. The transfer between Almond Beach and Sleeping Giant is taken care of by the hotel. Could we be lucky enough to find someone with the same itinerary?

A shared ride would be fine, or I had considered trying to make a stop or two along the way to Hopkins. Maybe the zoo? We are from Texas, and live in a rural community. We love nature, gardening, and wildlife.

Do you have any suggestions? Trying to be as economical as possible, but definitely want to see the country while we are there. We are not "lay on the beach" type people!

I am booking an all day snorkel/ fishing tour with Happy go Luckie tours. It is a little expensive, but I think the ability to see what interests us instead of being in a tour group will be worth it. Trying to decide the best ruins to while we are at Sleeping Giant. Would love to do the ATM cave tour, but I may be too out of shape for that!

Have thought about renting a car, but it may be just as economical to pay for transfers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have flat run out of time to plan...

Thanks

Karen

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
280 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer help/ shared ride / sight seeing

http://www.roambelize.com/transfers offer direct transfers from the airport to Hopkins and no extra charge for stopping at the zoo - all you need to do is pay your own entrance fee.

ATM is a really fun tour to do, highly recommend it!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer help/ shared ride / sight seeing

Car rental will be less $ overall and give you more flexibility. You can fly from Intl south or ask your hotel if they have other guests arriving the same time who might want to share the cost of a road transfer your hotel can arrange for you

3. Re: transfer help/ shared ride / sight seeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Belize