We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Route Insight!

Sudbury
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Route Insight!

Hey everyone!

I have a trip planned for March. I am arriving in Belize City and fly out of San Salvador. I have two weeks.

Originally, I had planned to

Land in Belize City

Head straight for Caye Caulker (stay 3 nights)

Head for Flores (stay one night)

Take flight from Flores to Guatemala City

Head straight for Lake Atitlan (stay a few nights)

Head for El Tunco (stay a few nights)

Go to San Salvador, fly home!

I have also considered cutting out Lake Atitlan altogether and just go to Tikal instead.

I really want to stay somewhere in between where I will be in nature and will be able to explore (hiking, kayaking etc.)

I am just wondering if there are some other spots along the way that I am unaware of. Or if someone has a better route they can provide.

I am travelling with my boyfriend.

We are doing this on a shoestring.

Thanks in advance!

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
280 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Route Insight!

Lot more places in Belize to Explore, you may want to stay a couple nights in Cayo before going to Guatmala.

Here are some fun places to visit if you like hiking and exploring I am sure you will enjoy:

1. ATM caves

2. Caracol / Xunantunich

3. Cave tubing / Crystal Cave

2. Re: Need Route Insight!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:17