We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Question: BZE

Vanderhoof, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Question: BZE

Any insight or help greatly appreciated. Especially if experienced with travelling through BZE.

My dearly beloved is testing my nervous system I swear... we are booked on Tropic Air to arrive at BZE from Roatan at 8:00am we are scheduled to connect to a Delta flight leaving at 9:20 am and will have checked baggage with us. Is this window enough time to get off Tropic Air, grab our bags and make our international connection?

What is the service time through BZE like typically?

Cheers!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,826 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Question: BZE

I remember you asking about this before - or someone else did - and my opinion hasn't changed. No, I don't think it's enough time. You can hope Tropic Air will be on time but there's no guarantee. Even if the plane lands at 8:00, it could be half an hour or more before you're off, through immigration, get your bags, go through customs, and get in line for check in and then security for your next international flight. That might be too late for the international check in deadline.

We have always been happy to have at least 2 hours at BZE before a departing flight; a few times that's barely been enough. The Tropic Air website says in bold red:

"NOTICE: Please ensure that your arrival time at the international airport is

at least 3 hrs before the departure time of your international flight."

Sorry!! :-(

Sydney, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Question: BZE

I am currently sitting at BZE typing this reply and I think you should be fine. It's a tiny airport and there's very few people in line at customs at any one time. If you're tight for time this bunch seems like the sort that will let you jump to the front of the line.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,826 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Question: BZE

Here's another recent thread about delays; maybe your flight from Honduras will be the only international flight arriving that morning.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291959-i1455-k712…

Does anyone know if the 1 hour cut off for checking in for international flights is enforced in Belize? That would be key, I think.

Vanderhoof, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Question: BZE

BIG thanks to everyone who has replied to me on this. I know that we are cutting it extremely close, we got in touch with Tropic Air when we made our flight reservations and they informed us that although they could not make any guarantees they would do their best to get us through. Delta has a 45 minute cut off for checked luggage which means that we would have to be through customs and drop our bags with Delta by 8:40 am.. My other thought is to reach out to Delta to hear their thoughts... which I plan on doing in the morning, along with seeing about what it is going to cost me to change flights.... alas...

Also, can anyone please elaborate a bit to me about this fingerprinting at Belize customs? We have traveled to various countries and have never had this...

Many thanks,

Kristin

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,566 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Question: BZE

I don't know much about the finger printng. Other, than when we arrived in December, we both had our index fingers 'printed' in a machine at Immigration. We didn't have to do it again when we came back in January.

6. Re: Airport Question: BZE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:19