We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December wedding and honeymoon

3 posts
Save Topic
December wedding and honeymoon

I am in need of some planning help... We are planning on traveling to Belize for the first time from Dec. 20 to Jan.3. The plan is to do our honeymoon first, from the 20-27 and then have my parents meet us the following week with a small beach wedding Dec. 31st. We originally thought to just stay at Chabil Mar for the full two weeks, but after reading posts, I'm not sure if this is the best option. We are wanting to do some adventures such as zip lining, cave tubing, and visiting some of the ruins and also relax at the beach. I would love to get advice on other places to stay while we are there. Chabil Mar was picked to also be able to enjoy the village of Placencia but advice on jungle options are also welcome. I'm a little overwhelmed at all the choices available and feel like we need to book at least the accommodations part soon because of the time of year we are visiting. Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December wedding and honeymoon

This is one of our busiest weeks of the yr and best to get everything lined up way in advance, especially ceremony, etc. Placencia a grt choice as is the hotel you choose, but with two weeks, I would certainly visit other areas on the Belize mainland and be closer to more impressive sites in other districts. Toledo is closest to Placencia; Cayo has the most options and variety. Orange Walk nice lodges for birders and hikers. Plenty grt options to consider

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December wedding and honeymoon

I'd definitely do a week at CM, and then check out Chaa Creek for the next week. It's in Cayo, where many of the caves, waterfalls, archaeological sites, and ziplines are. That is considered the busiest week, so getting the lodges are a priority.

Congratulations!

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: December wedding and honeymoon

We think that we've decided on Coco Plum Island for the first week and then Chabil Mar for the second part and our wedding. Does anyone know if the activities (snorkeling,cave tubing etc.) are too similar? Or should we split our time between someplace on Ambergris Caye and Chabil Mar for a more of a different vibe for the two weeks? We are looking for places that are more luxurious with this being our honeymoon and wedding. Thanks for your help/advice, I keep looking and changing my mind--- but we need to get our accommodations booked soon!

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: December wedding and honeymoon

To complicate matters, I have also found a package for a week with 3 days/4 days at Chaa Creek and Victoria House. So now my question is Coco Plum and Chabil Mar or Chaa Creek/Victoria House and Chabil Mar?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December wedding and honeymoon

CC and VH are both top notch, so I'd go with them, plus you'd get to see Cayo.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December wedding and honeymoon

Ask VH if they will allow a wedding ceremony on property for a small group. Usually, not

7. Re: December wedding and honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:20