We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

Hi Fellow Travelers,

My husband and I are considering a Belize trip in early June. First of all, is it too hot that time of year?

We would like to do one of Chaa Creeks combo beach and jungle all inclusive packages but not sure which beach location to choose. We would stay four nights at Chaa Creek and three on the beach. We are not interested in diving, fishing, or lying on the beach all day long. We would like snorkeling, kayaking, and maybe visiting a local town or village to do some shopping. Any input about the area or hotel would be greatly appreciated. Here are the hotel options:

Chabil Mar Villas

El Pescador Beach Resort

Turneffe Flats

Las Terrazas Resort

Inn at Robert’s Grove

Mata Chica Beach Resort

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
281 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

I love Villa Verano in Hopkins, their oceanfront rooms are simply divine! I realize this is not included in your options above so if i had to choose from the above it would be Chabil Mar in Placencia!

June is the start of the rainy season, but we usually have little rain and it will not be terrible hot. Hottest months in my experience living here all my live are March & April.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

Mata Chica would be most similar to CC

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

I see that the Mata Chica option is their most expensive package. I can understand why. Mata Chica is beautiful and yes, the most like Chaa Creek. I was originally looking at Robert's Grove but can see that Mata Chica is in a whole different category. Can you explain some of the differences between Placencia and Ambergris Caye?

Belize
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

for the things you are looking to do (kayaking and snorkeling), Ambergris Caye would be better. there is also plenty of options for doing shopping, dining and driving in a golf cart if you'd like. The reef is just minutes away, you can literally hear the large waves splashing on the reef from Ambergris Caye.

Belize
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

however, if I were to go to Placencia, I would chose Robert's Grove. Both Ambergris and Placencia are gorgeous and have plenty of beach and options for dining and relaxing.

6. Re: Which beach hotel to combine with Chaa Creek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:18