We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best option from Tikal to Caye Caulker

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
97 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Best option from Tikal to Caye Caulker

Hi everyone!

My daughters and I will be visiting Tikal in April and we're trying to figure out the best way to get to Caye Caulker. We we're thinking about taking the shuttle from Tikal Inn to SI and fly from there. But there is no direct flight, it goes to Belize Municipal airport first and the connections are only 5 minutes apart, so very tight. How long would it take to drive from Tikal to the boat dock and then we could take the ferry? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,967 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best option from Tikal to Caye Caulker

Tropic Air has a flight from Flores to Belize City International airport. From there, you should be able to change to another flight to CC. Check their website.

Three express buses per day run from Flores to Belize City. It's about 5 hours and about US$25 per passenger.

From Tikal, see if you can arrange a taxi to take you to the border. That should cost US$50 or $60 per taxi. Then use taxis/buses to get to Maya Flats airstrip, or just stay on a bus all the way to Belize City (about 2.5 hours and about BZ$9 per passenger).

If you get the flight from San Ignacio / Maya Flats, and Tropic Air knows your connection, they will probably hold that Municipal flight for your arrival. They do nice stuff like that in small countries.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best option from Tikal to Caye Caulker

My wife and I need the same arrangement in April. The helpful folks at the Tikal Inn arranged transport for us from the Inn to the Water taxi area @ $70USD each. Leaves at 10:30AM. Not sure if we have to change vehicles at the border but it eliminated having to make multiple arrangements for Tikal Inn to border and border to water taxi.

3. Re: Best option from Tikal to Caye Caulker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:20