We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area for me to begin searching for our family

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Topic
Best area for me to begin searching for our family

Never been to Belize, have just started investigating, and need help in determining which area of Belize would be best for us. This would be a trip for next summer for our family of 5. Celebrating son's college graduation (avid fisherman), daughter's high school graduation and my 50th birthday. Looking for fishing for my son specifically, (flats fishing would be ideal) and for the rest of my troop, snorkeling, swimming, exploring, and good food/drinks for me and hubby. Youngest son is 12. Not into real touristy places. Please help direct me on where to look. Thank you in advance!!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area for me to begin searching for our family

General budget and number of nights would help us help you. Any interest in mainland activities like hiking, caving, zip lines, Maya sites?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,794 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area for me to begin searching for our family

Least touristy beach areas would be Hopkins and Placencia where you can base for both sea and mainland. Caye Caulker is a small more laid back island and areas on northern Ambergris Caye see fewer visitors than closer to San Pedro town. Belize on the whole would not be considered touristy compared to other more visited destinations

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area for me to begin searching for our family

We will be staying 7 nights minimum. I envision staying in a villa of some type within a resort that would offer lots of activities for my 12 year old and fishing for my other son. Not sure what budget will be, still trying to get a feel for prices. Not over the top $ ,but it isn't that big of a concern. I like the looks of El Pescador, which I know my son would love for the fishing aspect, but wondering if the rest of us would be content as well, especially for my teenage daughter.

Are there areas that golf carts are a standardized mode of transportation?

And we probably are not that interested in main land activities, we visited Costa Rica last year and did the zip lines.

Hopkins
Level Contributor
782 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area for me to begin searching for our family

Look at Villa Verona in Hopkins. I know that you do not have to rent the entire villa, but you can contact their manager, Liz, for details. Hamanasi tends to cater to kids during holiday times. Look at their tree houses; not exactly a villa, but pretty cool.

Golf cart real is close by and easy. The two grads may also enjoy the rental of a dune buggy type vehicle from Alternate Adventures that seats two.

5. Re: Best area for me to begin searching for our family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:16