We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexico, belize, antigua weather in august

Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
mexico, belize, antigua weather in august

Hi

I'm looking at booking an Intrepid trip through México, Belize and Antigua in August. After doing some research-it seems its 'rainy' season. Just wondering generally what to expect weather wise? I don't mind a bit of rain, but ideally I'd like to get some sunshine and time to laze on the beach and possibly come back to the miserable UK weather with a tan.

Would you recommend going at this time?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexico, belize, antigua weather in august

I go that time pretty much every year, though generally Guatemala/Belize or Guatemala/Honduras. It depends on the region - in Belize we've had rain almost exclusively at night and there can be a mini dry season in August. In highland areas the mornings are generally gorgeous and sometimes it will rain - hard - beginning in the afternoon or evening. Everything is green, prices for hotels tend to be cheaper, good time to visit. Expect low-lying areas to be very hot. Happy trails!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mexico, belize, antigua weather in august

Re: Belize

Although it's the wet season, it's often quite dry in mid-August in the central & northern parts -- the south (Placencia & Toledo) can be very wet.

It doesn't rain every day nor all day. When it does rain, it's usually overnight. You will have more clear & sunny days than wet days.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mexico, belize, antigua weather in august

Do know it is technically 'hurricane season'. Although your trip is very unlikely to be impacted, if you pay out much in nonrefundables, consider trip insurance.

4. Re: mexico, belize, antigua weather in august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17