We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

week long stay for snorkeling?

boson, ma
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
week long stay for snorkeling?

I am considering: Turnafee Flats, Turnafee Resort, Huracan, St. George's, and Blackbird Caye Resort. This will be the 2nd part of my trip. The first part will be in AC snorkeling Hol Chan, Mexcio Rocks etc for 5 days. The 2nd part of my trip refers to my forum question (week long atoll island stay) and will include blue hole snorkeling, etc.... The 3rd part of my trip will be snorkeling around Glover's Reef (resort/locale still undedcided). 3rd trip to Belize - love it!!!! (I am travelling solo). Prefer hot water but not a sticking point.... ;-D thanks!

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: week long stay for snorkeling?

You've listed a lot of great snorkel spot options. And, IMHO the atolls (any of them) are hard to beat. Great diving, snorkeling, fishing, and less visited. A very unique feature of Belize.

A few others you might want to check out too for this trip or the next one:

- Tobacco Caye

- Southwater Caye

- Whippari Caye

- Little Water Caye

- Queens (Silk) Cayes

- Sapodilla Cayes

Given the price of lodging in Belize these days (it was not always this expensive) you might also consider a week long sailing charter and then you can visit any snorkel destination you want.

2. Re: week long stay for snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Belize Cayes